Exam series: NSE5_FMG-6.4
Number of questions: 35
Exam time: 70 minutes
Language: English and Japanese
Product version: FortiManager 6.4
Exam details: exam description
NSE 5 Certification
The Network Security Analyst designation recognizes your ability to implement network security management and analytics using Fortinet security devices. We recommend this course for network and security analysts who require the expertise to centrally manage, analyze, and report on Fortinet security devices. Visit the Fortinet NSE Certification Program page for information about certification requirements.
Fortinet NSE 5—FortiManager 6.4
The Fortinet NSE 5—FortiManager 6.4 exam is part of the NSE 5 Network Security Analyst program, and recognizes the successful candidate’s knowledge of and expertise with FortiManager.
The exam tests applied knowledge of FortiManager configuration, operation, and day-to-day administration, and includes operational scenarios, system configuration, device registration, and troubleshooting.
The Fortinet NSE 5—FortiManager 6.4 exam is intended for network and security analysts who are responsible for centralized network administration of many FortiGate devices using FortiManager.
Exam name Fortinet NSE 5—FortiManager 6.4
Exam series NSE5_FMG-6.4
Time allowed 70 minutes
Exam questions 35 multiple-choice questions
Scoring Pass or fail, a score report is available from your Pearson VUE account
Language English and Japanese
Product version FortiManager 6.4.1
FortiOS 6.4.1 Exam Topics
Successful candidates have applied knowledge and skills in the following areas and tasks:
* Perform initial configuration
* Configure administrative access
* Configure administrative domains (ADOMs)
* Configure workspace mode
* Device Manager
* Register devices in ADOMs
* Troubleshoot device communication issues
* Manage registered devices
* Install device level configuration changes
* Diagnose issues using revision history
* Policy and objects
* Create and install policy packages
* Identify how the ADOM version affects policy and object configurations
* Configure event handlers
* Customize and generate reports
* Troubleshoot reports
* Advanced and additional configuration
* Configure SD-WAN using central management
* Configure security fabric using central management
* Configure FortiManager HA
* Configure FortiManager as local FDS
* Diagnostics and troubleshooting
* Troubleshoot import and installation issues between FortiManager and FortiGate
* Troubleshoot device and ADOM databases
The following resources are recommended for attaining the knowledge and skills that are covered on the exam. The recommended training is available as a foundation for exam preparation. In addition to training, candidates are strongly encouraged to have hands-on experience with the exam topics and objectives.
NSE Training Institute Courses
* NSE 5 FortiManager 6.4
* FortiManager Administration Guide 6.4.1
* FortiManager New Features Guide 6.4.0
* FortiManager Communications Protocol Guide 6.4.0
* FortiManager Best Practices 6.4.0
* FortiManager CLI Reference 6.4.1
* Minimum of six months to one year of hands-on experience with FortiGate and FortiManager
Exam Sample Questions
A set of sample questions is available from the NSE Training Institute. These questions sample the exam content in question type and content scope. However, the questions do not necessarily represent all the exam content, nor are they intended
to assess an individual’s readiness to take the certification exam.
See the NSE Training Institute for the course that includes the sample questions.
Examination Policies and Procedures
The NSE Training Institute recommends that candidates review exam policies and procedures before registering for the exam. Access important information on the Program Policies page, and find answers to common questions on the FAQ page.
Which two statements about the scheduled backup of FortiManager are true? (Choose two.)
A. It does not back up firmware images saved on FortiManager.
B. It can be configured using the CLI and GUI.
C. It backs up all devices and the FortiGuard database.
D. It supports FTP, SCP, and SFTP.
In addition to the default ADOMs, an administrator has created a new ADOM named Training for FortiGate
devices. The administrator sent a device registration request to FortiManager from a remote FortiGate.
Given the administrator's actions, which statement is true?
A. The FortiManager administrator must add the unauthorized device to the Training ADOM using the Add Device wizard only.
B. FortiGate will be added automatically to the default ADOM named FortiGate.
C. FortiGate will be automatically added to the Training ADOM.
D. By default, the unauthorized FortiGate will appear in the root ADOM.
You are moving managed FortiGate devices from one ADOM to a new ADOM.
Which statement correctly describes the expected result?
A. Any unused objects from a previous ADOM are moved to the new ADOM automatically.
B. The shared policy package will not be moved to the new ADOM.
C. Policy packages will be imported into the new ADOM automatically.
D. Any pending device settings will be installed automatically.